Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dallan's 11






Dallan had a fantastic month in may! He had his 11th birthday and we celebrated with a campout-cookout-airsoft gun war. Easiest birthday party I have ever thrown. The boys set up the tent, made the fire, played war for 5 hours. Dallan didn't want a cake, he wanted s'mores! so he lit a mashmallow on fire while we sang to him and then blew it out. he had 8 guests, all boys from church. 5 of which are fellow webloes in grandma's troop. such a great group of boys. in the morning we did the pancake thing and I have never had so many compliments on my pancakes. I have to give credit to the church for that one though because it is their pancake mix from the cannery. If you haven't tried it I suggest you do!! yummy.
dallan also earned his Arrow of Light award this may. All of the boys in the troop turned 11 in may! so Grandma really worked hard and got all 5 the finishing award of cub scouts done in May.
we are proud of Dal. he went on his first overnighter as an 11 year old this week and did well. hiked in a mile and didn't freak out when it rained in them.

No comments: