Tuesday, August 4, 2009

EGGS AND CHICKENS

we have eggs!!! i am so excited to see that all our hard work and care for these fowlish chickens is paying off. On sunday before church I was out in my skirt and flipflops doing the regular water and food when I bent down to put the water down I saw 2 brown eggs in the corner of the coop peeking out from the bottom. I couldn't believe it. I thought we had all roosters!!!
I opened the lid to the coop and there were 6 more on the grass clippings!!
I am so proud of Batman, Lou, and Scuttles!!! They are layers!!!
pluto is the rooster and is strutting a little bit cockier now.
we had a mystery murder two weeks when my brother was here. Sami got up to do the chickens and when she went outside Honey, Bruce and Shiela were dead. Something had gotten into the coop and murdered the chickens. Honey was gutted and Bruce and Sheila were decapitated!! It was awful!!!
John took care of the mess before the other kids got up that morning and we were wondering all day and night about what and how got in there. Well, we were enjoying the firepit late friday night and then we heard the chickens cackle like no other time. John and Dave ran up to the coop to see what it was and there was a Racoon scaling the fence!!! Stupid racoon! John and Dave saved the chickens, put them in the garage and then the next thing I know John is getting his bow and arrows and taking Remi with him to hunt for coon! He got the bugger on the first try right thru the bum. All I could hear for about 10 minutes was Remi bragging about how her dad shot the racoon in the bum. The bugger lived!! John and \Remi waited for 4 hours for the coon to die but after a mountain dew and the weather getting colder they came in for some shuteye. In the morning John ran out like it was christmas to get his arrow out of his prize.... the coon was gone but the arrow was on the ground. That little racoon pulled the arrow out of his butt and went and died somewhere else!!!!
Who'd a thought that a coon could pull an arrow out?
It was quite the night,and needless to say Dallan and Wylson are practicing their shooting skills for the next coon hunt.
To quote the words of Dr. Liddle: " only at John and Jenns could I experience a Redneck vacation"!!

good riddance Y'all come back now y'hear!!

2 comments:

Big Tom the Great and Magnificent said...

We sure miss our redneck home...wait..Were in Casa Grande..doesnt get more redneck then this...We miss you and your family alot..We love you guys and once we get things in order...we wanna visit again and see old friends. Tell everyone that I love them and miss them and Ill tell David that his buddy Easton missis him. Love you guys

Marla said...

So cool! Sounds like you guys are loving it out there!