Thursday, October 30, 2008

hello again!

Happy halloween tomorrow!
I love Halloween! I always dress up and get the kids done up too. This year we had our annual trunk or treat at the church and it was on tuesday. Kinda early but in the mission field you go to the church when you have the building and no other time becuase it is a little far away. anyhoo,, we had a hodge podge of outfits this year. No theme I am sad to say. I just don't have the energy or the money to do it all up this year.
Remi, and Madi were TROLLS. (The cute kind that you would find on pencils when I was in elementary and junior high.) They came up with the idea themselves and they were cute.
easton was BATMAN of course and loves his costumne. He got it for his birthday and so it is store bought and a hit.
Dallan went as EGOR. very homeade but turned out good and he limped hunchbacked all through the school parade and the costume parade at church.
Sami did a pumpkin this year and won the runner up award at the church party. she came up with the idea 2 hours before the party.
Wylson was a cowboy, he is soooo happy that he doesbn't have to dress up anymore. you know the whole I'm too old now to do that. He never really liked Halloween and doesn't like costumes or people in them so I am sure it is a relief for him.
I went as a witch to the party and tomorrow I will pull out the trusty cat ears and tail for work.
I am thinking of not doing the trick or treating thing this year for the actuall halloweem night. the kids already have a ton of candy from the church parties and school parties. I really would like to stay in and watch ET and Jaws with the kids and have snacks and hot cider. I know I am letting myself down too thinking that I am losing the spirit of my favorite holiday but I am just tired! I am tired of the hullaballo, and getting 6 kids dressed and ready, I didn't even put out my scary decorations or stuff my life size scarecrow this year! I suck! we'll see what we do tomorrow.
My last day at the salon is tomorrow. I will just be running my own in home salon as of monday. I am excited and I already have a pretty good week set up.
I am feeling a lot of pressure to get back in the home and do what I have always done.
I love having my own business and clients. There is a lot that goes on in a salon that is just not the enviroment that I want to be in. The girl next to me is a chain smoker-toker and just found out today she is prego and doesn't know who the dad is! This is what I listen too all day long while I am waiting for a walk -in and something to do. I could be at home doing laundry and making dinner and helping with homework. I have liked my experience in the salon up until 2 months ago. It is time to quit, so I did.
well i guess that is all,
enjoy the monsters tomorrow and eat lots of candy.
Jenn

No comments: