I like to get in here and write down a little of what is going on.... I know no one is reading my blog so it is okay that I write what I do. It is for myself and my journal right?
It is Nov. 2nd, sunday, I am really liking sundays! Church is good and over at 12:00. We are really trying to keep the sabbath day. The kids are on board most of the time. They write in journals, read, play with each other. don't do movies or tv or video games. It is nice. We cook sometimes and sometimes we have the missionaries over for dinner and FHE. They give us good lessons and encouragement to do better with missionary work..
Today we are fasting as a family for my bother in law Atom. All of us are doing the fast thing with a 24 hour fast. The little kids will make it to 5:00 today and then I will feed them before going to choir practice. I am proud of them for not complaining too much. In fact I think I have thought about food more than they have. Especially my coke!
It feels good to be doing this together, we are feeding our souls as much as we can and at 6:30 we will eat breakfast for dinner.
The teenagers and John and I went to the Temple yesturday.
We had a wonderful day. The Youth did baptisms from 9-11 and John and I did a session. We were the couple! something John said he would never do! I prayed that he would do ok, and that he would get something out of it and enjoy his experience. He admitted later on the way home that it was his best experience in the temple to date! we finally got to wear our own new temple clothes and packets and having the kids there with us was icing.
we drove the kids into st. louis for lunch and to show Sami the "Arch". We found the Old Spaghetti Factory and it was wonderful!!! We took some pictures and had a lot of fun.
I missed not haveing the little ones and mom there but It is something that we will remember for ourselves and a moment with just 2 kids was greatly appreciated.
Sami and Wylson are good kids with strong testimonies and I am so proud of them!
Have a great week, I am going to go feed the little ones now before they die!!
4 comments:
Its definately good therapy. and you have at least one reader!
I think you'd be surprised how many people read your blog...:D That sound like such an AWESOME day, I'm so glad we are fast approaching a time when we can do that with our kids. We have been talking to them about it already. SO cool.
Your blog is nice and easy to read.I'll come over tomarrow and help you put pic up. You day trip sounds awesome. :0)
I read it, and I love it!
Post a Comment