Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas is here!!!

Wow- Here it is the 20th of December and I am finally getting out a greeting card, I'm just about done with the shopping and will start the baking tomorrow!
I thought I would take a moment and say a few words about the ecard I posted on this site. It was alot of fun to make and very easy(plug for smile box) anyhoo, I chose these pictures for a reason. We had a wonderful year, full of visitors and special occasions and all though I could have chose a ton more photos, and used up a lot of space, I think these few sum up the year pretty good.
First- Thanks to Brent and Moe again for allowing Jared to come and live with us for 3 months. We miss him dearly and look forward to another chance to have him in our home. We had a lot of fun doing winter things with him and ice skating was a huge hit for all! We had a Temple trip to St. Louis with Jared and what a fun road trip that was!
Next comes Easter and look how everyone is tanning and looking bright in the church clothes. We are so glad to have my mom living with us. It is a lot of fun memories to make and lots of laughs with her around. We keep each other going and she is doing great in the health department. She has lost 35 pounds since Easter and is working at the Temple twice a month.
John and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary in August and went on a trip to Florida and the Bahamas. It was a wonderful time and we relaxed and enjoyed the time alone!! 16 years flies when you're having an adventure. It is a great adventure we have going!!
This summer we were blessed to have my aunt Janet and cousin TJ come out and spend a week. The kids had a ball and Mom and Janet did some travel around Missouri. Thanks for coming... It will always be a highlight for us!
David and Amanda came out this summer too. It was great to have them and the 2 little girls played really hard and got to know the cousins again. I loved every minute watching everyone reunite and love on each other. We did the Missouri thing with the church sites and local free entertainment.... most of all just hung out and played in the yard.
Mark and Janel and the kids blessed us with coming out in July and it was a lot of "Settlers of Catan" playing, and dress up superhero for the boys and girls(beauty shop)
Janel and I did our thing in the shop as well. That is always fun!! this is the 2nd year for them to come out... maybe a yearly tradition???
The kids have changed so much this year. I was looking back at older posts and photos and I can really see it! Sami has had I think 5 different hair colors this year! lol.
Wylson has grown 4 inches and has really matured and become cut and chiseled.
Remi turned 12 on thanksgiving and is finally in her "up" phase thinning out. We went to "Wicked the Musical" for her birthday!! Oh my! It was WICKED!!! Sooooo fantastic I can't say enough. In the picture I look really tired! I wasn't really. I am just on drugs due to a horrible infected canker sore in my gum line! We had so much fun getting all dressed up and going downtown. The "Music Hall of Kansas City" is Gorgeous! We even bought a hot dog and diet coke from the street vendor. we were pretending we were on Broadway!
Madi looks the same doesn't she? She is quite a lot taller now but her face and hair are the same as ever. She was in the Nutcracker this year as a friend of Fritz and did a good job. she is playing the piano really good now and has memorized Choose the Right, right out of the hymnbook.
Dallan is in an "UP" phase now too. growing like a weed. He broke his arm playing football and had a cast on for 7 weeks! He is playing the cello still and did very well in his winter concert. He really misses his mom, but he is very settled with the idea of being here with us and he knows it is for the best.
Easton is 5 and in preschool again this year because of his late birthday. He rules the school over at the high school where he goes. He is more popular than Sami and I think she is a little jealous of that. He is still my tag along buddy though and I will cherish these days... next year all 6 in school all day long!!!!
John and I are good! Our marriage is sound and we are going through the challenges with the economy together and so far doing ok. His job is just a job to him but it does give us security and insurance so I appreciate that he sticks with it! I know he longs for the day again when he is running a successful business and I wish that for him as well. I am building my salon and it is steadily growing. I have seen some hits of the economy but not hard ones.
May God bless you this Christmas season. thanks for reading! Marissa aren't you proud of me for posting????
I love you all and have a great new 2010.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Holy moly! Your family is growing up and you and John don't even look a day older!! Glad to hear your family is doing well!!